DAMN RIGHT, PETA. TURN THEM ALL LOOSE!!!

For 21 years now, Brasstown, N.C. has been having a little New Year’s fun with their version of the Dropping of the Ball in New York City on New Year’s Eve. They put an opossum in a clear plexiglas box and drop it slowly as they do a ten-second countdown to New Year’s Day.

Now enter PETA.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) had sued the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission, which issues the permit for this event, saying it’s illegal and cruel and they got a Liberal, really unthinking  judge to agree with them.

“Citizens are prohibited from capturing and using wild animals for pets or amusement,” Judge Fred Morrison wrote in his ruling.
“Hunters must afford wild animals the same right Patrick Henry yearned for: ‘Give me liberty, or give me death!’

I AGREE, by Hogan’s Sacred Goat! Turn them ALL loose. Free the cows and buffalos or give them guns to fight their way out. Open the cages in all the zoos and let those poor lions, tigers, elephants, hyenas, wolves,  monkeys, apes, alligators, cobras, adders and other snakes and all the other wrongfully imprisoned wild animals FREE to roam once again amongst the populace!!! Give them liberty so they can give us death!

AWRAAAK, SCREECH, GIBBER, RANT, BLITHER……

PETA is really a lot of fun to watch and I’m glad they’re there. Really. I mean, you separate all these people and individually they’d never come up with screwball stuff like this, and if any one of them did, nothing would ever come of it. Ah, but you put them all together in one room and watch the insanity Bloom! And Blossom! And force people to bend to their crazy will.  It’s really hilarious and great good fun. And I really do think they should release all those wild zoo animals. They can’t just stop at one opussum, what fun is that compared to hundreds of zoos imprisoning tens of thousands of “wild animals captured and displayed for amusement” ? FREE THEM ALL!

—– Amazing/wonderful facts you maybe knew but I’m telling you anyway:
Opossums carry their young in a pouch, which makes them North America’s only marsupial, if you don’t count female Mexican wetbacks.

6 Responses to “DAMN RIGHT, PETA. TURN THEM ALL LOOSE!!!”

According to that link the possum is just lowered in a cage before being released. Not sure what the problem is … WHAT AM I SAYING? Has a proper written health and safety assessment been carried out? What about its dignity, how does it feel about being exploited for the purposes of this human event? Have the Possum community even been properly consulted? Has it got free health care? I bet this Brasstown place does not even have any Possum equality outreach workers! Barbarians!

PS They could drop a Mexican illegal off a cliff. Much more fun.

2. PALADIN says:

LOLS @ PETA what a bunch of shitasses.
    I remember when they showed up at the Calgary Strampede one summer back in the 90′s.
    They chained themselves to the inside of the Rodeo arena , so this old cowboy come up with a solution to the problem !
    He turned out 3 of the rankest bulls in the rodeo into the arena.
    It took all of 10 seconds for the turds to ‘locate” the keys to the padlocks they were using.
    One of em got a horn up his ass as he was running for his life ! LOLS !
    The crowd was cheering for the bulls .

3. My two cents says:

I’ll admit PETA has a tendency to pick some of the dumbest fights imaginable but they are a respectable organization who has done some good things for the animal kingdom. You can’t sit there and tell me you’d prefer they didn’t exist and people could be as cruel to animals as they wanted. This opossum story, yeah it’s pretty retarded but they’re good people just trying to give a voice to a creature that doesn’t have one. What’s wrong with that? As for the “Mexican wetback” comment, that’s just tasteless and you should be ashamed of yourself. Racism is the purest form of ignorance. I, myself, am of mexican descent and my father came here the honorable way. He filled out the proper paper work, waited patiently and took the citizenship test. He learned English, graduated medical school, owns his own practice and raised me to be a refined, educated and upstanding citizen who obeys the law. He is the embodiment of the “American Dream” that you people cherish so much. That being said, I do support stricter immigration laws. This country has its laws and they be obeyed. Like everyone else,!I don’t like my tax dollars going to supporting a parasite. Whether its an illegal immigrant or just a lazy American, do the right thing and pull your own fucking weight.

Oh, shove it up your ass, you self-righteous little preacher. Last things first, Mexican is a nationality. Not a race. DUH!!! They come in all colors just like Americans and Europeans. You’re such a Politically Correct numb nuts that you can’t tell the difference between race and nationality, instead you climb up on your soap box and berate anyone who objects to people coming here illegally and fattening up the Democrat vote. You’re worse than a hypocrite, you’re a traitor to your country, and if anyone here is being racist, it’s YOU. Wake up, dummy.

The PETA people are running a scam. They reap donations to help the poor darling starving little critters, and drive Mercedes. Check it out. The reason they jumped on this stupid possum story is because it involved important people, would therefor make news, and give them more publicity. If it had been some meth head torturing a cat who got caught at it, they wouldn’t say a word.

Don’t come here to MY blog, gratuitously insult me for your personal entertainment, and expect to get away with it.

5. Kate Dircksen says:

So how exactly does a snake take in an animal that may be greater than it really is head?

That’s a bit garbled but you mean, how does a a snake swallow a critter bigger than it’s head, right? It’s jaws unhinge, is how. the lower jaw comes loose and drops down, and the rest of the snake easily expands as the hapless beastie enters it’s maw.