WHAT WAS THAT?

I just saw something I’ve never seen before in my life, and I’ve no explanation for it. At precisely 8 PM, a few minutes ago, I saw a sort of strung-out cloud of flashing red lights, like strobe lights, repeating rapidly, and roughly 15 to 20 of them flashing away, moving through the sky. This apparition moved at a fairly rapid pace as I could see that the size of the flashing area was shrinking as it moved around to the right of my view. Growing smaller with distance, in other words. It came from the northwest and moved southeast. All those red lights were flashing randomly, there was no order to them, no pattern. Aircraft lights always have a pattern, an order, you can tell where the wings and so forth are. With this thing there was none. However, a general shape was defined by the lights. It was pointed at the ends, rounded above and below at the center, like two shallow bowls together, one upright and one inverted. Disc shaped, assuming I was viewing it on edge or close to it.

This is nighttime in the desert, and outside of a dog barking, there was no sound. No aircraft sound. Nothing. Yet when I first saw it, it had to be pretty close to me. It moved silently.

As I watched it I was trying to get an idea of it’s size, as it was plainly huge, and I believe it was about a half mile across. That’s roughly 2800 feet across.

I’ve seen B-1 bombers, this was much larger. What the hell did I see?

8 Responses to “WHAT WAS THAT?”

1. Ernesto Ribeiro says:

Look out my window and what do I see
    A crack in the sky and a hand reaching down to me
    All the nightmares came today
    And it looks as though they’re here to stay

David Bowie – Oh You Pretty Things

Googled “flashing lights over California” and it seems there’s quite a few sightings, though most speak of them being stationary. Could it be some sort of elaborate hoax? Probably doable given current technology.

I’m adding a Pre-Script to this. Sir X, you say this could be a hoax because of current technology and I have to ask you, exactly what current technology do you refer to that would be capable of it? Hollywood science fiction special effects people do it on computers, not in the sky. Seriously, what do you think is capable of producing what I describe?
    ……………………………………………………………………………………

If it was powered. It was BIG, even if that was lights strung on a very light framework, it would still have had appreciable weight, and something had to be driving it. If it were a drone, battery powered with a prop, those are pretty silent. I don’t know how silent the props would have been on this thing, if it had them.

It could have been a hoax. I doubted the reality of it when I first saw it. The problem I have with that is the size of it, plus it’s speed. I can’t think of anything other than a plane towing a bunch of lights behind it as a hoax, or a really enormous dirigible with flashing lights on it’s side. But both make a lot of engine noise and neither would be navigating in the dark among all the hills and mountains in this valley. This was below the level of the surrounding peaks.

The part of this that does look hoaxy is those lights. So randomly spaced and so randomly flashed. No repetition at all that I could tell, and I was looking for one. I was trying hard to make sense of it, to figure out what the hell it was, to identify it as something in my experience. All I can come with, is Christmas Tree lights all flashing randomly all over the place. That randomness just seems wrong.

I keep coming back to that when I think of it. A virtual cloud of scattered red strobe lights all going off independently and moving like hell. If that was a hoax, whoever did it got me good.

Just typed in the suggested search and the first picture of those red lights over San Diego was very much like what I saw. Most of the lights on it in the picture are red. On mine they were all red.

Theirs didn’t move, mine moved quickly. But theirs had to have gotten there somehow, I assume by moving.

I note that the shape suggests half a disc, pointing up.

Well, at least no one in San Diego knew what it was, either. 😀

Maybe a drone dragging a lot of balloons with LEDs on em? Very bright with just small batteries. Or just the balloons, was it going faster than wind could account for?

Space aliens not impossible of course but hardly seems likely they’d stick lots of flashing lights on their flying saucer.

What hardly seems likely is anyone going to all that trouble to perpetrate a hoax on that scale out here where no one was likely to see it.

Yes, it was not only moving quickly but as I said, AGAINST the wind. No balloons. Balloons would have scattered and risen up because they would have to have been filled with helium, and they would have moved with the breeze, not against it. This thing maintained a steady altitude and moved rapidly, as I keep saying.

They saw close to the same thing over San Diego.

This was literally a life-changing event for me. I’ve seen a lot of strange things in my life but none that come close to this. There is literally nothing on Earth that can explain this. You don’t understand because you didn’t see it. It was real, and it was there, and it’s completely unexplainable, and it was not a hoax.

As for flying saucer reports, they’ve been lit up in every way imaginable. Random flashing lights are not out of the question at all.

You never did say what this current technology is that could produce this effect. Remember, whatever you come up with has to be self-propelled, capable of moving several hundred miles an hour silently, and at least 2000 feet in length. I’m waiting, I’d love to hear it.

It was me! I made it to hoax you. I used a simple hole in space to project some old Christmas tree lights across several thousand miles. Simple for a genius like me. I have a time machine too, watch out for that dinosaur in your wood shed.