FIREFOX PROBLEM

Mozilla Firefox, which has been my default browser and may also be yours, NO LONGER WORKS WITH JAVA. Java is required with WordPress Login, so you may leave a comment and then come back and not see your comment there. What you have to do to see it is hit CTRL -F5 both at the same time, which forces the page to show the latest changes. Otherwise it keeps showing a cached page, even when the Firefox cache is deleted. ???

It may be time to say goodbye to Firefox as my browser, since Google Chrome and Opera don’t have this problem and work fine.

10 Responses to “FIREFOX PROBLEM”

testing…

Testing 2….

Testing 2??? didn;t I just do that?

Your right, summit really wierd going on…

Exactly the same problem with Internet Explorer 11 – probably explains why I couldn’t see my comment a few days ago (not going senile – phew!). Since it affects 2 different browsers, suggests summit on your page, not a Firefox problem.

Have you tried accessing source of current and old pages in notepad to see if there’s any change in the headers? There may be lines that govern whether and how pages are cached.

Maybe try adding these lines near top just after title:

Hmm, lost 2 lines above. Clearing cache makes no difference.

Pretty odd. Click the link to comments page and last one is never shown. Yet on your main page source the link is

Put that in directly and all comments are shown. Suggests it’s checking where the link was from.

Think you have a problem with WordPress, some recent addin update probably.

WordPress requires Java to log in and leave comments, and Firefox no longer supports Java with their latest update. OPERA AND GOOGLE CHROME WORK FINE HERE. I’m posting this using the Google Chrome browser. No problem, logs me in automatically. I DO NOT HAVE Internet Explorer, I deleted it long ago for being a high security risk online. Too many open back doors. And front doors.

If your IE browser isn’t working right, your Java needs activating.

As to IE,
    “Internet Explorer – Out-of-date ActiveX control blocking

Internet Explorer (IE) has a new security feature, called ActiveX control blocking, to keep ActiveX controls, such as Java, up-to-date. This feature will prevent the app or web page from loading, if it finds that Java is out-of-date and will provide the option to update Java.”

I also get exactly the same error in Microsoft Edge. Puzzling why 3 major browsers have the problem and two don’t. If they have blocked Java (I assume you mean Java and not javascript) there may be some security reason. Odd too that I always have Java disabled in IE by default but never had a problem with your site before.

I’m going to go through every single page and widget and see if something got fouled up with WordPress. I looked already but not totally thoroughly. Wish me luck. And patience.